Blog 6th December 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Getting desperate now to get weight off Gordon without spending any more money.
I've bought some files and drill bits so I'm going to see just what I can do - within reason and budget.
The wine helps me think less clearly - it's got to help!
Had a quick saw and file with the frame over the weekend and then weighed what I managed to take off - removing just some lugs and lumps I managed to save 600g! The rear caliper mounting plate is quite heavy so I'll be interested to see how much I can save here. The rear disc is also heavy so that's going to receive the 'big drill' method too!
The motor should be ready mid December with luck then I can start the build for real. Long term friend Peter Day has offered to spend some time with me making various components (sub frame, battery box, oil tank etc) at his workshop as soon as Gordon's back up and on his wheels.